The UR12 from Steinberg is a two input/two output USB audio interface featuring a single D-PRE microphone preamp with phantom power, housed in a compact and rugged chassis. The 24-bit/192 kHz capable converters provide excellent detail and dynamics, and the unit is compatible with most major audio related software. Cubase AI software for recording, composing, editing and mixing is included.
When connected to Apple's iPad (requires optional accessories), the interface provides a portable and intuitive production system. While this application requires an external power supply to function, the 5 VDC input can also be used to provide power stability in other situations. Latency-free hardware monitoring and a loopback function for Internet streaming make this compact interface an attractive choice where large channel counts are not needed.
- Two input, two output USB 2.0 class compliant audio interface
- Single D-PRE microphone preamp
- Up to 192 kHz sampling rates and 24-bit resolution
- Latency-free hardware monitoring with an easy-to-use monitor source switch
- Loopback function allows for streaming performances live to the Internet, with incoming audio signals merged to the playback signal from Cubase or other DAWs inside the computer
- Connectivity with Apple's iPad using Steinberg's Cubasis music app or other iOS audio apps offers a portable production environment
- Power port and source selector for connecting a 5 VDC power source for supplying power when the interface is connected to an iPad (requires optional Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit/Lightning to USB Camera Adapter, and an external 5 VDC adapter or an external battery pack), or for guaranteeing power stability
- Compatible with all major audio editing, mastering, and music production software supporting ASIO, Core Audio or WDM standards
- Includes Cubase AI DAW software
- Metal chassis rugged enough to withstand the rigors of the road