TECH 21 RBI SANSAMP RBI - 1U RACKMOUNT BASS PREAMP
The Rackmount SansAmp
With advanced routing and control of your bass guitar's signal, the Tech 21 SansAmp RBI can be used in the studio or on stage to improve your bass tone and equipment integration. Dual inputs allow for main/temporary instruments to be connected. Multiple XLR and 1/4" outputs can send signals straight to the PA/mixing console while simultaneously driving a bass amp. One XLR is the output of the effected SansAmp signal, while the other XLR provides a buffered, balanced output of the direct instrument signal without processing. Footswitch in/out jacks let you control the RBI and other SansAmp devices for even more advanced setups. An active 3-band EQ on the front panel can be used to shape your tone along with controllable SansAmp tube amplifier emulation for extra warmth. The RBI can be further tweaked by taking advantage of the effects loop, which can be setup for a traditional 100% wet configuration (series) or a 50/50 configuration (parallel) so your effects don't muddy your tone.
SansAmp RBI is designed with active controls, which cut and boost, rather than traditional passive controls which only cut. This effectively doubles many of the control's capabilities, giving you a much larger range of adjustability and ultimately, more variety.
- Drive: Adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed.
- Presence: Brings out the upper harmonic content and attack.
- Blend: Allows you to blend the direct instrument signal with SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry.
- Bass, Mid and Treble: These active tone controls cut or boost ±12dB from unity gain at 12 o'clock. Bass is 80Hz, mid is 1kHz Treble is 3.2kHz.
- XLR: Adjusts the volume level of the SansAmp XLR Output independently of the 1/4" Level control.
- Level: Adjusts the SansAmp 1/4" Output level.
- Active: Activates the circuitry.
- Level Selector Switch: 0 dB position optimizes the rear-panel Input 2 to receive an instrument level signal. In this position, Input 2's sensitivity is exactly the same as the front panels' input. The -20 dB position is used when sending a line level signal into the unit and the input needs to be padded down.
- Mix 50/50 Switch: When disengaged, 100% of the SansAmp RBI's signal gets routed through the effects processors. When engaged, 50% of the unit's signal goes through the effects processors, and the other 50% passes directly to the SansAmp 1/4" and XLR outputs.
- XLR Output Level Switch: Sets the range of the signal level for the SansAmp XLR output jack. In the 0 dB position, the output is in the line level range. When in the -20 dB position, the output is in the instrument level range.
- Footswitch: Any alternating (on/off) footswitch will activate the unit. It can also be used to toggle between two SansAmp RBI units for multiple sounds.